Need Land Clearing or Brush Removal
Room to Roam
- Certified Defensible Space Advisor
- Non-hazard tree trimming from $99* (includes 1-hour on site and 15-minutes drive time).
- Chipping from $199 includes chipper, 15-minutes drive time (delivery), fuel and first hour of operation.
- Tractor-assisted brush clearing and log skidding from $199, includes 15-minutes drive time (delivery), fuel, and first hour of equipment. Additional time at $85/hour in 15-minute increments. Hauling/removal by separate arrangement.
- Tree and wood waste removal also available.
Get Your Property Ready for Fire Season:
Fire Safety Land Clearing Promotion
Day rate from $1,499 (masticator and one ground person) to $2,520 as described below!
Half-day rates and other equipment available. Ask Ben for details.
Great Value on Land Clearing
You may be hearing a lot about people either losing their fire insurance or being required to clear brush and limb up trees to keep the their existing coverage. If that was not reason enough to improve your property’s fire hardiness, then here’s a little incentive. With the right equipment we can improve up to an acre of terrain per day for increased fire safety.
If you do the math on hiring a number of guys with chainsaws and chippers or trailers to haul away debris for several days compared with larger forestry mulching equipment for a single day the odds are the mulching machine will come out on top as a better value.
The going rate for a 92-horsepower “masticator” (pictured above), operator, delivery, fuel, and two ground guys for the day is $3,200. But for a limited time we are offering a special introductory package through June: $2,520 will include all of the above plus either a tractor with grapple or excavator (pictured below) at no additional charge.*
We use safe, properly maintained equipment and all crew members are fully trained, competent, and safety oriented.
Call or text Ben at 530-428-5530 for a consultation and to schedule.
*Conditions apply. No additional discounts apply to this promotion. Water tender included as needed. Limited service area and openings. Ask Ben for details.
In creating customized landscape, property, and structure protection “fire-scaping” plans, Ben is now synthesizing training and experience from multiple disciplines acquired over many years, including: landscape design, drafting, fire-safety, arborculture, timber operations, and of course rural property maintenance and improvement. Each plan is custom-made for specific site conditions in accordance with owner preferences and Cal Fire “Home Hardening” guidelines and home-owner’s insurance requirements.
Ben acquired a drafting certificate from Sierra College; trained in landscape design and landscape architecture at Cabrillo College and U.C. Berkeley Extension; received a Defensible Space Advisor Certificate from the Fire Safe Council of Nevada County; completed Licensed Timber Operator coursework led by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection; completed Entry-Level Tree Worker training with Tree Climber’s International; and recently received certificates for Basic Arborist and Line Clearance Arborist from ACRT.
Ben has over 6-years on-the-job experience helping Nevada and Placer County property owners prepare for fire season with tree trimming; brush removal; landscape and “fire-scaping” rock installation; ember screen installation; chimney-roof-gutter cleaning, and screen installation; fire-break clearing; fire-fuel reduction; gravel driveway repair, parking and shed pad creation; landscape grading and drainage; fence-gate-deck-shed-outbuilding maintenance and repair; et cetera.
Ben is now offering personalized consultation services with, or without, the creation of a graphic “fire-scaping” site plan drawing–depending on project budget and owner preferences. Depending on the scope of work required for a given job site, Ben and his crew may be available to implement some or all of the measures specified on the plan. Call or text Ben at 530-428-5530 for more information or to schedule a site visit.
- 10% Senior (62+), or disabled discount.
- Great value; local, friendly, socially-conscious.
- Covid-19 aware practices.
- Call or text Ben McPherson at 530-428-5530 for information.
- California contractor license #1057146, fully insured.
- Work practices pursuant to ANSI-Z133 safety guidelines.
- Current training includes:
- ACRT Basic Arborist (September 2021).
- ACRT Line Clearance Arborist Certification (September 2021).
- Tree Climber’s International Entry-Level Tree Workers (June 2021).